The SENCO is the Special Educational Needs Coordinator
They are responsible for ensuring children with additional needs receive the support and intervention they need in our nursery school
- The SENCO for all children at Usworth Colliery Nursery School is Lindsay Guthrie, the Acting Nursery Headteacher.
- Senior Early Years Educator Loreena Lawson is a qualified Early Years SENCO and trained in speech and language support and is responsible for coordinating additional intervention groups in main nursery.
- SEYE Denise Allan is trained in speech and language support and intervention and is responsible for additional support and intervention for Meadow.
- SEYE Lynne Jarvis is trained in speech and language support and intervention and is responsible for additional support and intervention for Meadow.
- School staff team train in supporting Special Educational Needs each year.
To contact the SENCO Lindsay Guthrie
- Telephone the school office on 0191 4167700
- Email the nursery school using the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call in at the school office to arrange an appointment
- Speak to your child’s teacher or Key Person to arrange an appointment for you or for the SENCO to call you.