The SENCO is the Special Educational Needs Coordinator
They are responsible for ensuring children with additional needs receive the support and intervention they need in our nursery school
- The SENCO for all children at Usworth Colliery Nursery School is Angela M. Graham, the Nursery Headteacher.
- Teacher Emma Burdis is a qualified SENCO and is responsible for additional support and intervention in Meadow groups.
- Teacher Tracey Giles is trained in speech and language support and intervention and is responsible for additional support and intervention for Wetlands, Woodlands and Beach groups.
- Teacher Lindsay Guthrie specialises in well being and behaviour support for children.
- School staff team train in supporting Special Educational Needs each year.
To contact the SENCO Angela M. Graham
- Telephone the school office on 0191 4167700
- Email the nursery school using the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call in at the school office to arrange an appointment
- Speak to your child’s teacher or Key Person to arrange an appointment for you or for the SENCO to call you.